top of page
Originally built for the first Sheriff of Devon; the Langford Court estate is listed in the Domesday Book, the first survey of land ordered by William the Conquerer in 1086. Now run as a family farm, Langford Court South is occupied by the fourth generation of the Chattey family - Mark, Cynthia, and their children Evelyn and Frances.
The family have a great love for conservation and nature, having devoted the last 20 years to rewilding parts of the farm. Large swathes of farmland have been fenced off, creating a dedicated conservation area stretching the length of the farm. This ‘Conservation Corridor’ is filled with ponds, marshland, wild grasses and flowers, where all manner of wildlife thrives.
bottom of page